Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sunrise Cafe on Euclid Avenue in Willoughby.

Sunday 5 April 2009 at approximately 1:20PM. The Sunrise Café on Euclid Avenue in Willoughby, Ohio. You know, those restaurants in strip malls are an eclectic bunch. In my experience they run from outstanding to horrid. The Sunrise Café? In a word, BORING. The first thing we noticed was the fact that, with breakfast, just about everything cost extra. That includes sausage, potatoes, sometimes even toast. I hate that kind of thing as I feel it is just another way to rip off your customers. (Especially when, if you don’t care about the décor, you can go to the Offshore in Eastlake and get more food than we had for less than 1/3 of the price.)

We walked in and felt that “regulars” thing but it didn’t last very long. The hostess was friendly enough but looked somewhat shocked upon our entrance. Our server was a young gentleman who was very friendly (cute, too), and pretty good. He did what we needed him to do, though he asked twice if I wanted ketchup AND hot sauce and never did bring the hot sauce.

Anyway, we ordered in a way quite normal for us. One wanted the French Toast while I got pancakes, eggs over medium, and potatoes. My companion said the French Toast was horribly bland and the sausage was flavorless (a statement with which I concur), She also commented that the syrup was so cold it made the toast cold too quickly. My pancakes were incredibly fluffy, but the flavor was not great. Oh, it was OK, mind you, it just wasn’t like those I used to get at the Lakeshore and what I just recently had at that place in Chardon.
Our server asked us about a hundred times if we needed anything else, you know that’s an exaggeration and was more funny than a problem. When we told him no he asked how everything was to which we replied, “Just OK.” He repeated what we said then said the cooks would be crushed. Well……… Then, came the only thing really wrong; we got our bill and I was shocked. It cost over $20.00 for two people to eat breakfast and we had nothing extravagant. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home