Monday, March 09, 2009

Reiter Dairy in February and March 2009

I am writing this to let you know of a company for which I suddenly hold in very high esteem. Two weeks ago, on Sunday 15 February, I asked a friend to do me a favor and buy me a half gallon of skim milk from the new Heartland Dollar Store on Lost Nation in WIlloughby. I tasted it soon after it arrived and noticed something strange flavorwise.I thought it might just have been my tastebuds due to smoking over the weekend and some pretty hot salsa.
I then put it out of my mind for a few days before trying the milk again. This time the taste was unmistakably wrong. It had some metallic thing going that was obviously quite off. I poured the huge glass down the sink and did what I always do, I wrote to the company to let them know of the problem. In all sincerity, though, the taste really freaked me out a bit and I wanted to have it tested but that costs money I didn't have at the time.

I contacted Reiter Dairy through their website and wrote to a vice president as listed there-on. Within a day or so, a couple of guys had begun trying to get ahold of me. Finally, one of them wrote to my email address, ( I did, as you already know, write to them using the web, so, one would think one would try to use the same method of communication, but that just seems like common sense...oops I forgot.) Anyway, I spoke with a gentleman on Wednesday afternoon and he assured me he or another guy would call me the next day, now get this, to meet me and come pick up the questionable milk. Whoda thunkit???

It actually happened AND they gave me coupons for free Reiter Dairy products. I want you all to know that this is the kind of company for whom we should fight. The larger organizations would never do something so consumer savvy, in fact they have even completely blown me off at atimes. A company willing to go the proverbial extra mile is one with whom we should do business. Of course this is depending upon what the fuck was really in that milk????????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home