Thursday, September 01, 2011

Well, well, well. I'm about to get back at it. Pizza Hut et.al.

My friends, enemies, and others, I am here once again to go on the rampage. I have found, through extensive buying and eating, though Pizza Hut is not what I would consider remotely healthy no matter how you proverbially slice it, that the above mentioned food joint has finally gotten too big for its britches.

For the last few months my son and I have eaten at the Hut about once a week. Though we love the pan and stuffed crust varieties, we have found that they have been lacking in other areas. Case in point, the cheese that is supposed to be one layer of the pie is often barely noticeable, in fact, as a youngster, I used to live for pulling the cheese off the crust and saving it for later, probably why I made it up to 245 pounds before finally giving it the good fight and losing 80 or so, but I digress. I can no longer do that with a regular pizza. Hell, I can barely do it with double cheese. Come on guys you can do better than that.

Also, it seems the wings that they seem to tout these days are not as important to them as their advertising might suggest. Three times now we have had substandard wings. The first time we ordered regular mild buffalo wings and were sent barbecue. When asked, the management stated that they did not have any buffalo so they sent barbecue. We said that was not what we ordered but they refused to acquiesce. I sent a communique to corporate and they completely glossed over the mistake. That was the take out place on Mentor Avenue. The next time was from the same place and the wings were tiny and bony. A complaint again and we were told it meant nothing because they did not advertise jumbo wings.

The next time we went, just two days ago, we sat in a restaurant. We ordered a pizza, 14 wings and a one trip salad bar. The pizza was fine, again not enough cheese, the salad was standard, but the wings, though very flavorful, were not a complete order. There was only one missing, BUT the server said nothing but, "Oh, I guess they have a problem counting back there." Then she chuckled. Never did she offer to bring out another wing. That's just poor service.
Then she told us to go up front to pay. There were three people not five feet from us, two of whom actually looked our way and were waved to by us to come to the register, that refused to stop whatever it was they were doing and come ring us out. Our "great" server finally did so after a five minute wait. Now mind you, there was only one other table in the establishment with customers and no one waiting anywhere else.  What the HELL??????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home