Saturday, December 19, 2009

Radio Shack on Lakeshore Blvd. in Euclid

This is for everyone out there who has been ripped off by deceptive practices.


I am going to start this by saying I have never really like Radio Shack in the first place because they have a tendency, the sales people, to be somewhat condescending to the average Joe like you and me. I am no slouch when it comes to technology, BUT these guys seem as though they were breast-fed the stuff.




Anyway, this is about a particular place and incident.

On 12/16/2009, I went into the store with my latest love and we were looking around. He saw, and pointed out to me, a new Xbox 360 network adapter for $49.99. We had just purchased a used one for 60.00 at Game Crazy in Mentor-on the Lake, which is another story in and of itself but I will not go into that here. So after leaving we decided to take the other one back to Game Crazy so we could get the new one. (Mind you, we were both having bad feelings about the price but neither said anything to the other). He thought that the price was wrong, while I thought it would be changed. We were both wrong and right at the same time.

When we walked in on Friday the 18th of December at approximately 4PM, the price was still there above at least three of the items. This means, of course, that the price was there for three business days. We asked for the item and it was taken to the register and rang up at $89.99 with a total of $97.96. That, my friends, is a great deal more than maybe $56.00 out the door. I was so flabbergasted that it took me a minute to say anything. I actually didn’t think I heard him right. I said that it was wrong and showed him the price. He looked at it and saw what I was talking about. Then we both looked a little closer and found it was the wrong tag. Once again I want to remind you that it had been there for three days. He went back to the manager and came back telling me that it was too bad because it was the wrong tag. I reminded him that he also saw it incorrectly before very close scrutiny and said I wanted to speak with the manager myself. The manager would not talk to me. Two of the other employees also told me there was nothing they could do. One explained that it could have been a customer that made the price change. Once again, I want to remind you that the price had been there for at least three days.

I tried to take a photo of the mistake but couldn’t get to my phone quickly enough, AND when the employee, identified as 238(ACJ) on my receipt, attempted to remove the “wrong” price card, he had a difficult time doing so. This was my argument to the employee who said a customer could have done it. I said that it was obviously difficult for the employees to change so it would have been equally difficult, or actually more so, for a customer that has no idea how to make that change, and the fact that the store is quite small and the controller was right beside the register.



I am completely disgusted with the situation. I feel that I was a victim of bait-and-switch as well as out and out false advertisement. I really though Radio Shack, especially the one at 22318 Lakeshore Blvd. in Euclid, Ohio, was getting better. Honestly, the employee 238ACJ was helpful and very apologetic, but the case remains, it will be very difficult for me to shop there again, and, of course, since I wrote this letter, other people will know as well.



I ended up buying the controller for the higher price because we had taken the other one back, but I was highly aggravated. I truthfully think they should have honored the price on the tag. If one goes in there and they do not admit the problem occurred, please tell them they are not telling the truth. Watch those signs very closely.



For you, you should have made me happy to come back instead you made me feel like an idiot which means I will have to find somewhere else to buy my electronics. Not very smart in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home