Sunday, August 02, 2009

JT's Diner on Lost Nation in Willoughby

I really wanted to hate this place because the last time I was there it was absolutely awful, BUT I think that may just have been my mindset at that time. JT's is not top of the line, white table cloth, or even bistro fine. It is exactly what is says, a DINER, greasy spoon all the way. They do not work with any sort of pretension, in fact it is the other way around so much as to be almost self deprecating, but it fucking works for some reason.

Three of us went at about eleven o'clock on Sunday the 2nd of August with the full intention of writing this review. The first thing to note is that parking is atrocious so I would suggest parking at the Dollar Store or, in fact ANYWHERE BUT their lot. The next thing I noticed was the fact that the place is incredibly loud. Everyone seems to be yelling, customers and staff alike. That brings me to another point, you better not be squeamish about language or take offense to people almost sitting on your lap, because it happens and you better not be bothered by it, damn it! The servers call each other dog-type names and will tell customers to shut the fuck up. Our server actually moved me over on my bench seat and sat down beside me to write our order. I any other establishment I would have been livid, here, it was not only OK, I was humored by it (go figure).

The food was priced decently and my eggs were actually cooked correctly for once. The sausages were huge and tasty. One of the party ordered eggs Benedict and she was happy. Our pancakes were just OK. The more fries were tasty but nothing exciting. As I already said, the place is s diner. The food was as it should have been and will definitely fill you up, but don't expect the Top of the Town, because it ain't gonna happen, my friends. The value was there and, if you can handle the vibe, I would suggest you at least give it a try.

One of the things that had me not wanting to go back is the feeling of being rushed in and out. Oddly enough, knowing that when we arrived, I was shocked that it took almost ten minutes before our server came over to ask for our order, but once she did the food was there in what seemed like two or three minutes. The are things all over the place telling you to eat, and get the hell out, "dork." So, again, prepare to be humored but if you are easily offended go elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home