Friday, January 01, 2010

Radio Shack again, this time in Goldegate Plaza

I hate to have to write to Radio Shack again, but my hand has been forced. I and my significant other went to the store in Goldengate Plaza and were prepared to use the Customer Appreciation Dollars you sent. Lo and behold, yet another of our intended purchases was mis-marked. This time we were looking at headphones. The price on the ticket said 19.99 (and, yes, again we didn't read the small print, which, I might add is much TOO small to read for most people over 35, because we would have NEVER thought proverbial lightning would strike twice). I got to the register and in the midst of a hard sell on the $8 extended warranty when I said, "Why would I spend $8 on a $20 item?" He said, "Oh no, sir, that is ($54 or something like that I am unsure of the precise number). I was flabbergasted. I told him and the older gentleman behind the register to come look at their peg. They both noticed that it was mis-labeled, AND there were two other items on the peg. They had to search for a few seconds to find the correct item and couldn't find the right price for the one I attempted to buy.



In truth, this sounds like the old "bait and switch" tactic that is illegal throughout the world. Twice it happened in the last two times I was in a Radio Shack AND at two different stores. This reeks of something underhanded. Please send me a number of someone I can talk to to ensure that things like this cease. I am so angry right now that I am seeing red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home