Saturday, January 06, 2007

Gas Prices

I have been closely watching the prices of oil, and of couse ultimately GAS, since I started driving. Though any other commodity has prices that fluctuate in a capitalistic system, none have the extreme volatility of gas prices. Nothing else, that I am aware of, changes price instantaneously. Why is that? AND why is it not price fixing when each station charges the same damned priced?
I would like to also speak specifically about what is happening TODAY. Oil prices have dipped below $60.00 a barrell BUT the gas prices have not come down? Why is that? Do the COEs of Big Oil need to make more money while I can't even afford health insurance? I work for a living and have my entire life since I was a 10 year old kid with a paper route and cannot even afford to go to a doctor when I need it BUT Exxon, et. al. has consistently, of late especially, posted record earnings (profits not just income). There is something drastically wrong with this system. What are you all going to do about it. No lip service, Steve. I voted for you because I have met you before and I have followed your record. You are the best for the job, but now it is time to do something to help us out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home