Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Deck restaurant and Lounge in Eastlake.

Today, Sunday the 21st of June, six of us decided to do breakfast at the Deck. Since I have gone to the lbright side and stopped eating the trash food I had been consuming, I do not often go anywhere for breakfast, or anything else for that matter, but, once in a while is OK, so I agreed to go. I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. Though as I have said on many occassions it is almost impossible to fuck up breakfast, so I shouldn't have been too surprised. Anyway, O ordered to eggs over medium, wheat toast, home fries and sausage links. Of course the eggs were not done correctly, they rarely ever are, they were much too runny for my tastes, but I was hungry so ate them anyway. The homefries were perfectly cooked and quite tasty without being ridiculously over seasoned. The sausage was, well sausage, nothing great but not bad either. One of the party who got ham, said it was cold as ice which leads us to believe it was cooked too far before the rest of the meal. That is a huge turn-off for a customer.

Our server was the proverbial jonny-on-the-spot. She was never far away AND even ensured that our order went in before the large table full of kids behind us. I give her kudos fo looking out for us and her expedience. She did hand things over railings and through other people, but if you go to this place, that is honestly what you should expect. This is no five start place. It is greasy spoon at it most real. We were seated at a picnic table on the deck (of the Deck, how odd). The ambiance leaves much to be desired, but, again, this ain't The Ritz, honey. Give it a try, what the hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home