Wednesday, January 17, 2007

IHOP is the worst place in Lake County!

I know you have all heard this before. AND, when I say all I mean ALL. I have sent letters like this to the corporate offices of IHOP and had relatively lengthy, meaning over twenty minutes, conversations with regional managers. I am completely DISGUSTED that I have to write about a mistake by this restaurant yet AGAIN.

By this point in my life I am used to the fact that I am picky, but when other notice before I do, AND the tables on either side of us have to complain about the same types of things… Well, I am thinking something drastic needs to be done. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!! I have written at least three times prior to this. I would suspect someone else has done the same. I know, for a fact, that at least three other people than myself have complained, I watched it happen at about 2:PM on Sunday 14 January 2007.

We decided to go to lunch on the abovementioned day. Two of our party arrive prior to the remaining four, now count that (it is six if I am not mistaken). The early two got us a table. For the THIRD time in this very same restaurant, they imbecile who seated them thought six adults would be comfortable at a booth. In case no one has ever said this before, which I know to be false because I have said so myself twice in writing and three times in voice, ADULTS DO NOT USUALLY LIKE TO HAVE TO SIT THAT CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER WHEN THERE ARE THAT MANY OF THEM!!!!! Did you fucking hear it that time?

Next we ordered our food. To me it seemed as though the order to very long for the quantity, as usual, of workers milling about, but others thought it was just slightly long. Mind you though, those who thought it was “slightly long” also did not want to return their over done food because it had taken so long to get it in the first place. Oops, I got ahead of myself. One of the party ordered sunny-side eggs while another ordered over easy. For the record, sunny-side are slimy and over easy are very slightly less slimy, you get the picture. These were both brown on one side. That should never happen. The yolks should run all over the plate when poked but these were almost solid. (The man at the table to our west had the same problem with over cooked eggs and he sent them back twice.) (The table to our east complained about waiting too long for the order.) We also had to tell our server, Roy, to check his syrups on the table as the strawberry had a hair on its lip. I had to point it out to him three times because he did not fully pay attention to what I said. In fact, Roy did not seem to be paying much attention to anything. Every time we asked him for something we had to explain it more than once. I also heard the manager arguing with the man to our west about how to order eggs which was unprofessional. He was a guy about 50ish with a toupee.
Anyway, I said I would never go back to that place for a reason, BUT my family and friends insisted I try once more. We went and they were saddened by the fact that I was correct in what I had told them prior. Guess what? You all lost a great deal of business that day. Get YOUR SHIT TOGETHER OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home