Monday, January 22, 2007

The Texas Roadhouse in Willoughby, Ohio

Yesterday, Sunday the 21st of January 2007, I went to the above mentioned restaurant with my sister and her boyfriend. It was a great time and day to go because we got a seat right away, that has never happened at any of my previous three trips to this particular place. Anyway, we sat, ordered our food and were pleasantly surprised. The server, I believe her name was Jacki, was quite nice and took our order without pause. She was slightly inattentive at some points throughout the meal and she made us wait much too long near the end, especially for the check to be taken up, but in general she was adequate.

The food, as is usually the case, was great. My Prime, thought I was not able to even finish 1/3 of it, was melt in the mouth good. My brother-in-law's 23 oz. Steak was, according to him, done to perfection. My sister's ribeye, though seemed to be incredibly thin. The meal was generally pretty good, BUT something made me wonder who is watching the kitchen (and made me wonder if I can return to a place that would allow this to happen) As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed one of the guys in the kitchen, on the customer side of the grills near a staging or prep area, turned around with his ass leaning on the prep board. Come on now. How can anyone in his right mind not think about how that might look to the customers? I wish, sincerely, that I could have gotten this kid's name, but I just wanted to leave at that point. Nothing like making sure someone leaves with an awful thought in his head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home