Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gia Russa Chicken Kluski Soup

I wrote the second part of this to Gia Russa this morning, and, I know it is hard to believe, they actually wrote me back within six hours. This is the way a company should be run. Kudos to Gia Russa. Obviously, the first part here is their response.


Dear Mr. Steinbach,

Thank you for inquiring about our GiaRussa products. There’s nothing more important to us than giving you, and every one of our consumers, high quality products. For this reason, we were sorry to hear that the product you purchased did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that when we receive a concern from one of our consumers, the matter is taken under strong advisement.

Your inquiry about our Kluski Noodle Soup Nutrition Facts Label is a typo on our part. The 5% Daily Value belongs to the Cholesterol. There is no trans fat in our soup mix, therefore there is 0 grams of fat. We are aware of the error and the new packaging is being printed next week. Hope this did not cause any inconvenience to you.

We appreciate you contacting us, as it’s with help of people like you that we continually improve the products we offer. Your continued satisfaction is our most important concern. Thank you again for your interest in GiaRussa Italian Foods.

Sincerely,


Mary Zidian Thompson
Consumer Relations
John Zidian Company
330-743-6050, ext 100
-----Original Message-----From: Treharn, Cindy Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:40 AMTo: Thompson, MarySubject: FW: Kluski Noodle Soup



From: JES [mailto:steinyj1@sbcglobal.net] Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:23 AMTo: Treharn, CindySubject: Kluski Noodle Soup
I used to love this product until I took a more stringent look at the package labeling. I saw something that absolutely made me wonder how it could possibly be. I already know how big business screws the consumer at each and every turn, so that did not really surprise me. What did, though, was the math. I may not be a mathematician, but the way I learned, and teach others for that matter, 0 always equals 0. If you have nothing, it cannot possibly suddenly become something, at least not mathematically.

My point is this: On the Gia Russa Kluski Chicken Flavored Noodle Soup Nutrition Facts label, it is stated that the Trans Fat total is 0 grams BUT when one moves over to the % Daily value column it turns into 5%. I don't think that's possible in this world, unless......
Oh, I get it. There really aren't 0 grams of trans fats. In fact there are trans fats in this product but it is low enough that you can get away with saying 0. That is nasty to the consumer in my mind.

Maybe I am wrong, though. Maybe it was just a printing error. I doubt it, but it is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home