Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What the Fuck?

I have to get this out before I explode. I cannot understand how is any way, shape, or form some people get to be where they are in life. For instance, and I will not name any names, but those of you who know me will have no problem figuring out the person about whom I write, there is someone I have to deal with regularly who should not be involved in what she is. (Is that nebulous enough?)

I wonder how some people get their power. Currently I know of a person in the education filed that has absolutely no right to be there. This person, and I really use the word lightly because it is so haughty and rude that it does not deserve to be considered part of the humanity I know and love. I will give you specifics when I have more time to write.


I will give you all a very current "for instance," as of 2/20/2007. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones, the elected US Representative for the eleventh district, which is where the facility is situated, came for a visit in the morning. There was a great deal of preparation including: tour guides, presentations, introductions, and a question and answer session. There were also, on the dark and very educationally unsound side, kids who were told NOT to go to the assembly as well as kids who were SENT HOME due to being out of dress code, for reasons not entirely their fault. But, I digress. the students giving the tour were attempting to do just that when, lo and behold, the CEO of this educational farce decided to do a bit of selling to the Congresswoman. In her wonderful and very toothy manner, Stephanie looked at this CEO and politely, if somewhat snidely, said that the two girls were supposed to be giving her the tour of the building so the CEO should let the girls do what they were supposed to do without her interruption. This type of thing is a constant occurrence. The CEO thinks she is above EVERYONE else in any situation, as the above case proves. I cannot understand why parents and others have not staged an incredibly virulent revolt against her because she consistently even talks down to them, not as much as her staff though.

There will be more... I finally, today after trying to get this ungainly thing together since just after Thanksgiving, decided, even though I do not yet even have chairs for all the students or handles for the doors, to begin my "emotionally disturbed" unit. Do and Da have already begun and are ready to learn. I have been getting the proverbial lip service regarding the beginning of the program since the time mentioned above, so, as usual, I took it upon myself to do what was educationally correct. The students planning on beginning the program have been "spinning wheels" rather than doing anything that would help them learn. I could no longer let that be, so.... I started them anyway.

I just found out today, 2/21, that both the head of school and Ceo left for some conference in Florida while the rest of us a reeling from an impending state audit. Thanks for the help fearful leaders. If we make it through this audit, we did it ourselves WITHOUT anything for which you deserve credit sans coming up with the concept.

Here we go again! According to the immediate supervisor, I have more background in this field than he or any other person on the staff except maybe one (He also knows what my parameters were, and still are, in order to make this program work as stated before I even agreed to form it. It was my idea to begin with but after a month or so it was brought back to me as if someone else's idea, not unlike many businesses.), the wonderful CEO decided to say it was good I finally got the program going...because... one of the other people could use the placement for some of his students. I said from the beginning it would go as I wished because it was my program. I said I would have NO MORE THAN five, because I have to be in three different rooms and more than that would defeat the entire purpose. I said that they would be high school, these new ones that I WILL NOT agree to, are to be middle school. I said that they would be above average in at least one of the measurable intelligences, I do not know anything about these others. I said I needed to take it slow and only work with those I hand-picked because I wanted to ensure the success of the student(s). Once again, I am getting no backing, even though there is an electronic trail months long. Everyone is afraid of this ....thing. I have already stated to one of the students that he may be the ultimate loser in the situation. If I am forced to take on more than I know I can, he will not get what I should be able to offer. If I refuse, she will find a way to either make me quit or fire me. Either way, unless my immediate supervisors step in to back me, the people most in need, the students, will again lose to her arrogance and incompetence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home