Friday, April 13, 2007

The Golden Crust Bakery in Willoughby, Ohio

I am so impressed with the Golden Crust Bakery on the corner of Lost Nation and Lakeshore in Willoughby that I felt compelled to write about it. I know, it isn't my normal review, but, what the hell, I think they're damned good so I am writing about them anyway. Each time I have gone, and admittedly it has only been about four or five, the people behind the counter have been very friendly and will to answer whatever inane question I might have. I say inane because I, as we have all done in the past, asked about something that was right in front of my obviously not correctly working eyes, but, as usual, I digress.

I have ordered donuts (doughnuts), every single one has been wonderful, better even than Dunkin and Krispy Kreme, which has really gone down hill in my estimation. I have tried the cakes, super moist with incredible frosting. I have even tried one of the breads, the croissants, which were OK.

My colleagues, those lucky enough to partake of my generosity, all rave about the "melt-in-your-mouth" flavors of the doughy wonders. AND, the most important fact, they are sooooo sweet your mouth hurts just looking at them.

So, everybody, take some time out of you busy schedule and go to the Golden Crust. Take it from me, you will NOT be disappointed, at least I wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home