Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Waffle House in Willoughby, Ohio

On 25 March 2007, at about 10:30 AM, my companion and I went to the Waffle House on Vine Street in Willoughby, Ohio. Immediately upon entering, I was taken aback. The sheer quantity of people working, nine by my count, in the very small space was daunting to look at from my perspective. Once we were seated, which was very quickly I might add, even though the wipe down provided by the busser was nothing more than cursory and not very good, I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the workers. It resembled an assembly line with each person having a specific job. It was almost fun to watch. The time it took our server to actually acknowledge us, considering the quantity of workers, was a bit too long in my book, though. Other than that, she, our server’s name was Kathy, was outstanding. She was quick and friendly enough to make one feel as though she actually cared about the customer. There were some problems, though.

One of the females in the work area looked incredibly bored and, at times actually, absolutely angry. She was the person calling out the orders. While doing so, she was CONSTANTLY leaning on the far counter, which was uncalled for. The second, and much worse, thing she did was to often put the tickets up to her mouth. Talk about fucking unsanitary. I care not whether she was thinking about herself and the things she could catch, she obviously did not either. What it is I care about, is having to touch something she had her mouth on.

I told this to Kathy on our way out, but it was too busty to say anything more. I cannot believe I had to even say anything to anyone especially for such blatant stupidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home