Friday, March 23, 2007

Headwaters Cafe in Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio

I really hate to do this one because I go there semi-regularly, usually only to drink, but I digress. This is the second year in a row that I was utterly disappointed in the food served at this establishment. Mind you, almost anything I have had there at times other than St. Patrick's Day has been quite good. The chefs are very personable and usually reliable. Last year I was shiocked by the sweetness of the corned beef, not at all something I was expecting. In fact, I didn't like it. So... this year I asked if it was sweeet. I was told that, yes, the dinners are sweet, but the sandwich meat is not. This was the next day, but that should not have made any difference. The meal I got, for $11.95, I might add, was terrible especially for this price. The corned beef was dry, the portion was tiny, and the flavor was only just OK. I called and told them, which garnered a response of, "... it was not the regular chefs, it was...." I would never have agreed to serve something like that if I were the cook/chef. More quality control when the two kitchen gods are not there would behoove you. Don't be fuck-ups like those other folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

truly enjoyed Saturday night past at the Headwater in Mentor.

Ken Wendell was an excellent host and offered a great buffet,well served drinks and a totally enjoyable atmosphere of revelry..

I encourage all to visit for lunch and evening for a great place to hang..

Joe Genovese

Mentor

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home