Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Lakeshore Lounge in Willoughby, Ohio

On Earth Day, April 22, 2007, four of us decided to go to breakfast at the Lakeshore Lounge at about 10AM or somewhere in that general vicinity. I honestly do not know what it is BUT some of the food they do for breakfast is absolutely phenomenal. We all ordered some variation of eggs and meat which is, as you all should know, very difficult to screw up in any manner. I ordered two eggs over medium, I despise runny whites, sausage and one pancake. Whatever pancake mix they use, it is the best I have ever eaten. It has a slightly sweet definitely malty flavor that is out of this world. And, again for some unknown reason, the breakfast sausage is the best I have had. Beats the shit out of Bob Evans and Jimmy Dean, I'll tell you. If you want a good slightly different breakfast, I would highly recommend going to eat there.

There are some detriments though. I am partial to shredded potatoes rather than home fries, which they have and never cook quite well enough. Also, and this may be the reason some will stay away, it takes forever to get your food. This should in no way be construed as a slam toward the cook, Patty does very well and is a very nice person. The fact is, there is very little room to cook so orders often have to come out one or two at a time. The food is good but be prepared to wait for it. By all means, try it out and see what you think. Tell the owners, Denny and Sharon, I sent you, maybe I'll get something free from them. Hey!!! I had to try you know. Why shouldn't they do something nice for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home